Nowadays Social media platforms play a huge role in everyone’s life. It encompasses a huge range of websites and Apps, in which Facebook is one of them. It is a very popular application among teenagers to stay connected with friends and family and to share their emotions and express what matters to them. Day by day Facebook is coming with its updated version with some unique features. Now Facebook Messenger has come up with its unique feature Facebook Messenger Rooms.
So, Facebook Messenger rooms is a video meeting room, in which almost 50 people can join group calls or video calls. In recent times it’s the best way to hang out with friends and family through this Facebook Messenger rooms. It’s also adding video calls to Facebook dating, and has new live streaming features to Facebook as well as Instagram.
Mark Zuckerberg the CEO of Facebook has announced this interesting feature in April 2020. He said that every day there are more than 700 million users are making calls on Messenger and Whatsapp. So, Facebook is adding an extra feature on private communication and trying to help people to connect in a smaller group.
So, what basically Facebook Messenger Rooms is all about?
Facebook has come out with a video calling feature named Messenger Room, which allows around 50 peoples to join group video calls and this feature is called “room” by Facebook. Users can start a room from the Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Whatsapp, Direct, or through the portal. Users have access to open the call to all or lock it to stop joining unknown people. And it gives features to remove participants too. It has the same basic features just like Zoom App.
Due to Coronavirus Pandemic, more people are turning online to a meeting, hang out with friends through various social services platforms. And for this messenger newsrooms is ready to compete with other services like Skype, Zoom, Google meet, and Microsoft Team.
In the Facebook messenger rooms, you can also apply basic filters or can change your background to a virtual one. It also has beauty filters as well as filters designed to brighten a dark room. It is interesting feature for the users and the people are really loving it.
If you are new to this updated version in messenger newsrooms and if you are really interested to try it of your own, then we will let you know –
How to create Facebook Messenger Rooms on your device:
- Update your Facebook, once it is updated, and make sure that you have an updated version of Facebook and Messenger Apps which is installed from the Google Play Store.
- Go to the messenger mobile app
- Click the people Tab at the bottom of the screen on your device
- Click on Create a Room
- From here select the people whom you want to add to your group video calls
- If someone is not on Facebook and you want to talk with them also then share the room link to then, through other Apps.
There is no need to download anything, you can join a room from your smartphone or Android device.
What are the features of Facebook Messenger Rooms?
It is group video calls and chats room where you can use a link or share the link to connect to more people. The participants don’t need to download the messenger to connect they just need to login to or connect on Messenger to join the group video calls. Once the call begins messenger Room can be locked or unlocked. And in the messenger newsroom, there are no limitations on call duration. These interesting features are really going to gain popularity among the vast numbers of users.
How to schedule a meeting on Facebook Messenger Rooms?
To schedule a meeting on Messenger in advance, the users need to set the time and day and hit in the Start Time. Then the meeting will automatically, Schedule at the right time.
How to create a messenger room through news feed?
- Go to the Messenger room on the homepage.
- Click to create your profile picture
- If you are creating a room then you can add here room activity also, and choose who can discover your room, and set a time to start a meeting. You can also edit these settings larger.
- Now choose the friends and the people whom you want to invite. You can also tap on a specific person or allow link sharing
- Once you have chosen whom to invite for the meeting then click on save.
How can a person create Messenger room in a Facebook group?
- Go to the “Groups” which is available in the left menu from your news feed.
- Select the group where you want to create your Messenger room.
- Click the camera button which is available on the top of the group page.
- Enter a room activity, chose any emoji, and then save it.
- And then click on the Create button, then write something about the meetings and then post it in the group.
How can you create a Messenger room on your computer?
If you want to share your screen with other participants, then use messenger newsrooms on your desktop. It’s very helpful you can see a large number of participants at a time on a big screen. Users can create Messenger rooms directly from their desktop App. Whereas the messenger newsroom filters, effects, the virtual background won’t work while connecting through the desktop.
Messenger newsrooms have strong privacy protection which includes the ability to control who can see your newsroom, and they can lock or unlock it. And if the account is unlocked then anyone can join and share the room with others, so the privacy protection of the lock and unlock and needed. But the room creator needs to be present to start the call. And the creator has control over who can join and who can remove the participants at any time. And they have control over whom to unmute and whom to mute during calls.
Do explore more technology articles in our exclusive section related to technology.