During this pandemic, you use to wash or clean the most touching things. And cell phones are one of them. If you are also searching for how to sanitize your phone, then this article is for you. So stay tuned to this page to get the best suggestions.
These days everyone uses cell phones on regular basis. It has become the part of our lives. It also captures bacteria and viruses. To avoid the infection one should always sanitize their phone on regular basis without damaging.
The virus couldn’t spread. It has been said in one of the study that the number of average smartphone users touches their smartphones a minimum of 5,400 times in a day. And sneeze, coughing without having a mask on the face can also spread the virus to your phones.
Cleaning and sanitizing mobile phones should be the integral part of everyone’s daily routine. If you step out of your homes in a store or any other open places leave your phone in your pocket and use only when it is very important. And touch it only when you have washed or sanitized your hands.
With the outbreak of pandemic hand washing, staying home when you are not the fine and commonly touched surface has become the preventive actions of everyone. There are numerous studies in which the cellphone also carries bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
In a recent survey of a group of high school students, there were more than 18,000 strains of bacteria were found on 27 phones. Android phones have been reported more germs.
Below are of the germs that can be found on the smartphones:
● E. coli
● C. diff
If you haven’t started cleaning your phones then start it from now on a regular basis so that your phone can be virus free.
The medical physician Dan Allan, MD said that the bacteria remain on the surface for more than one hour in a day.
So cleaning your phones on a regular basis is the smartest thing you can do on a regular basis to prevent the spread of germs.
These are the few basic steps which will help How to Sanitize your phone:
- Turn off your phone and unplug it.
- Sanitize your phone when your phone is dirty if your phone is also not in use.
- Wipe the phone and the cover of the entire surface. Avoid cleaning the charging port. If this surface is wet then it can damage the phone or the charging area.
- Use a cotton ball or cotton cloth to wipe your phones.
- Avoid rougher material, which can damage your screen guard.
- Apply 70% rubbing alcohol to the cotton cloth, not directly to the screen, and then wipe it.
- Don’t use bleach.
- Don’t use liquids for your phone.
- Avoid spraying cleaners directly to your smartphones.
- Don’t use aerosol spray for your device.
How often you should clean / sanitize your phones?
In the times of COVID-19, it is recommended to sanitize your phone frequently. So that it couldn’t spread the germs. And cleaning your phones on a regular basis can control the spread of viruses, germs, bacteria, and dangerous sources of infections.
When to clean / sanitize your phones ?
- When your phone is taken by the other person for use then you should clean your phone once.
- After sneezing and coughing you should clean your device because at the time of sneezing and coughing if you are holding your phone then it may spread the virus.
- When your phone dropped down by mistake then you should clean your phone then start using it. Because where your phone dropped if that surface is dirty then it also contains germs on your phone also.
- If you are outside your house and you are using your phone then you should sanitize your mobile phone.
- If someone in your home is sick and if that person is using your phone then you should first sanitize the phone then start using it.
So, these are the basic steps and tips which can help preventing the spread of virus and germs from your phone.
You can also do these common things to minimize your Android phone exposure to germs and the virus.
- When you are out of your home, keep your phones in pocket or in your purse.
- When you are out for your shopping, make a list on the paper or any other dairy, avoid using cell phones.
- Use your cards for any kind of payment. Don’t use Gpay or phone pay options on your phones.
- When you are in a public place, only use your phones when you have washed / sanitized your hands. Never use your phones before washing your hands.
- Use hand free device like Bluetooth when making calls so that your phone is not used and not pressed against face mask.
What should we not use to sanitize your phones?
A lot of products on the EPA’s recommend list contain ammonia, bleach acid, and hydrogen peroxide. These can only help to clean the surface and the cellphone surface. They are not appropriate for electronic devices like cellphones and smart phones.
We advice to avoid using some of the following things:
- Household product cleaners for general-purpose especially which contains bleach.
- Makeup remover is also not used to clean the cellphone
- Wound cleaners should be also avoided to clean the cellphone.
- Antibacterial wipes because it doesn’t contain 70% alcohol.
We all are aware of the spread of the Nobel Corona virus. We are also responsible to control the spread. So, by following the basic steps which are mentioned in the above article, you should also sanitize your Mobile phones and you should know what to use to avoid. You will also find the reasons why you should clean the phone frequently throughout the day.
We hope that the above article was helpful to you.
If you are a Tech Lover then we have few nice articles to explore in our exclusive Technology Section.