FRP cable trays have turned out to be an imperative part of the modern electrical systems. Over the pipes, the cable trays have a unique advantage which were used in previous days as a conduit for electrical wires. Owing to their structure, the cable trays are more conducive, as you can carry these cable trays at any place with ease. These cable trays have multiple strands of wires which make the product more conducive. When it comes to taking the wires from the pipes, the structure makes it comfortable to change which further makes it easy to carry the cable trays anywhere.
You can get cable trays of different types and materials. FRP cable trays India can be availed in the form of aluminium and steel. The most popular material that is used is the fibre-reinforced FRP or plastic. When it comes to carrying electrical wires, FRP offers several benefits. FRP is also considered as one of the top materials. You can install FRP trays in commercial and industrial sectors. In these sectors, countless bunches of wires are used. FRP can also be used in pipe conduit systems.
What Is FRP And Why Use It?
FRP is fibre-reinforced plastic or polymer which is basically a composite material that is made up of fibres and polymers. The polymer is basically a thermosetting plastic. The fibers can be found in carbon, basalt, glass and aramid. With the help of the process known as step growth polymerization, FRP is made. The plastic has been formed by bonding other materials which are homogeneous but the physical properties are different. The result is that the polymer provides the desired properties that are made of both components. The idea is to counter the disadvantages of one of the components by injecting the other component’s properties in order to make the sum appear to be larger than other parts. In this case, plastic turns out to be tough. The fiber filaments provide stiffness and strength. Depending on the quality of both components, the strength of the combination is determined. The pattern of the combination and the proportion also determine the strength of the combination.
FRP cable tray is also known as GRP tray which is made from the fiber, glass reinforcement and advanced resin that are designed to support a system for safeguarding cables from heating, managing cables and corrosive elements. There are two types of ladder type cable trays which are widely used in building constructions, chemical plants and residential life. These trays have high strength, they are lightweight, you can install them with ease because of their flexible quality and they have good anti-corrosion.
Prominent Types Of Cable Trays
- Solid bottom trays fully enclose the cables which give them complete protection. In order to make changes or execute the inspection, the tray needs to be cut. The covered construction is also used in heat generating cables. Solid bottom tray is vulnerable to moisture.
- The cables in the ladder cable tray get support from a traverse bar that is placed at fixed and regular intervals. The rungs of the ladder provide its own function.
- The ventilated trays consist of openings mainly at the bottom which allows air to circulate and water drainage can take place easily. At any given point, the cables can be taken out or inserted easily. In order to prevent dust or falling objects, the tray has the cover on the top.
- Cable tray forms an enclosure and it has a deep trough.
- Wire mesh tray is lighter in weight and it is widely used in telecommunication cable networks and low voltage fibre optic applications.
Prime Benefits Of FRP Cable Trays
FRP cable trays have a unique benefit. The trays can resist corrosion. In these cable trays, aluminium and steel materials are used. These trays are non-magnetic. FRP has a better resistance and can resist extreme conditions. Owing to its resistance quality and non-magnetic quality, these properties lower the chances of electric shock. FRP cable trays are lighter in weight as compared to other materials. When it comes to dealing with heavy cable networks, FRP makes a significant difference. It becomes much easier to install FRP cable trays by putting less effort. As the process of installation is quite convenient, the installation changes also become quite convenient.